SUBSCRIBE TO MY 👉🏻YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE👈🏻
An unknown Author once said ‘Resisting change is like holding your breath – you may succeed, but eventually you will die.’
With change in mind, I’ve created what I believe will be the biggest must have’s and trends for Salon Owners if you want to win big in 2018!
1. Smaller Service Menus – Over the past 2 years we have seen this trend begin to become more popular. In 2018, we are going to see this continue, with more and more salons slashing the amount of services they offer. The number of Salons and Spas that offer huge service menus, will begin to shrink as Salon Owners look to increase profit.
The larger the service menu, the more stock you need to carry, the more training you need to do and the more it costs the business. Most importantly, instead of being exceptional at three or four things, salons with large menu’s become average at many. Shrinking the service menu in 2018 will allow Salon Owners to reign in their costs, train more efficiently and have a better reputation for the services they offer.
2. Full Time Staff – With the award wage continuing to climb, particularly in Australia, Salon Owners will become far more savvy in 2018 with respect to employment costs.It used to be that Salon Owners would employ casuals so they could send them home when it’s not busy or so they could be be flexible with their hours. These days however, the benefits to employ casuals are becoming fewer, and in 2018, more Salon Owners will take the leap to reduce their staffing group and offer the smaller group, Permanent Part Time or Full Time contracts.Permanent contracts will see happier, more secure Team Members, increased customer satisfaction through consistent staff presence, less cost and time with training, stronger Teamwork, easier and less time consuming rostering and payroll.
3. Salon Memberships – In late 2017, Salon Memberships really started to take centre stage. The reason for this, is that the benefits of having a strong Salon Membership program are incredibly long. Apart from the obvious benefits of consistent revenue and more overall clients each month, there are also many others like; better cashflow forecasting, better budget control, more efficient rostering, increased client loyalty and more efficient stock ordering.
The danger of Salon Memberships however, is that it’s a fine line between creating a very successful membership program and creating a flop. In order for it to be successful, you need to have a specific set of ingredients and you need to mix those ingredients a certain way.After creating the largest and most successful Salon Membership program in Australia and NZ, I created a FREE webinar on exactly what those ingredients are and how to mix them, to help Salon Owners succeed. You can watch the free webinar by clicking here.
4. More Pampering – Since 2013, there has been a sharp decline in the more indulgent aspects of Salon treatments. As larger Franchise Groups have grown over the past few years, these groups have dictated to the market, that Clients should only have either pampering or results.In 2018 however, the pendulum will begin to shift back, as Clients seek out, not the either-or option, but a combination of the two. Results-driven treatments, combined with the touches of indulgence and relaxation, will be the big thing for 2018.
5. Independent Product Lines – Large skincare companies will lose some ground in 2018 as more Salon Owners will seek to produce their own individual lines. The logistical challenges Salon Owners have had in the past to create their own lines, are now becoming fewer, and more savvy owners will look to cash in on the 300% to 400% markup on their own lines, rather than the standard 100% that big skincare brands offer.There are so many manufacturers offering skincare production these days, that it’s quite easy for any Salon owner to produce, package and retail their own lines. The only downside will be the time it will take to get going and the transition of clients, however once up and running, the financial and long term benefits of a Salon willing to take the time, are massive!
6. Chat Bots – The Professional Services industry use email. Big retail groups spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on SEO, Google Ads and Facebook Ads. In the past, small businesses have struggled to compete, but in 2018 though, smaller independent Salon Owners are going to take advantage of a powerful tool that will allow them to compete with massive players in the industry at almost no cost.
2018, will be the rise of the Chat Bots.
Chat Bots are relatively free, they take hardly any time to setup and their capacity to make sales and bookings 24/7, to both exisiting and new clients, is unlike anything we have seen before. In 2018, the Salon Owners that will dominate, will be those who are using ChatBots as their major marketing strategy. If you want to learn more about Chat Bots and set them up for your salon, I have created a short 4 module online course for only $97, that will teach any Salon Owner, step-by-step exactly what to do. You can get immediate access to this by clicking here.
7. Drop Shipping – Much like with ChatBots for marketing, drop shipping in 2018 will be the huge new opportunity that smaller salons will be taking full advantage of! One of the consistent and biggest challenges for small salons, is the ability to keep stock at sufficient levels to keep clients happy and not lose sales.Up until now, inconsistent and low sales in the past, have seen Salon stock levels suffer. With drop shipping options however, now becoming available with skincare suppliers, savvy Salon Owners in 2018, will look to cash in on this.
If you’re unsure what drop shipping is, it’s basically the process where you can create an online store, but not have stock any of the products. Your client can order online, pay you in full and then have the order sent straight from the distributor, rather than you having to keep the stock on hand. It keeps your ordering and holding costs down, whilst making sure you never miss a sale!
2018 is set to be a massive year for a lot of Salon Owners, so if you want to be one of them, look at making sure you have all 7 of these in your Salon!
If you want help with successfully implementing any or all of these, then hit me up to join my brand new Inner Circle Coaching. We are only opening this up to 50 Salon Owners and it’s filling up fast.
It’s unlike any other coaching and mentoring group around, so if you want to join, you can apply today by clicking here.
I hope you have a huge 2018 and I wish you nothing but fun, fortune and success!
Keep being awesome.
P.S For a limited time, for only $497 a month, when you join my Inner Circle, you will get:
- Fortnightly coaching calls with either myself or my Coaching Team for the next 12 months ($497 Value per month)
- Access to the Inner Circle Private Facebook Group ($99 Value)
- Unlimited Access to the Salon Hacks Website ($1,300 Value)
- Proven Sales and Marketing Templates ($995 Value)
- Invitation to Annual Inner Circle Events ($1,995 Value)
- Access to the ZestClub Salon Membership Program ($1,700 Value)
- Business Modelling and Optimisation Training ($495 Value)
- Unlimited Access to the XY Buying Group ($897 Value)
You get all of this as a Member of the Inner Circle, but like I said it’s only for a limited number of people, so be an action taker, commit to having massive success today and click here to apply to join my Inner Circle now. Let us support you in achieving your 2018 goals… plus you get access to all these amazing bonuses.